About Amarra & Sonic Studio
30 years and still going strong, Sonic Studio has always been intertwined with digital audio. Our workstations are widely used by audio professionals in film and recording studios, record labels, and mastering facilities. Our work has been recognized with an Emmy® for its role in the restoration of thousands of films, records and high-resolution releases. Our customers regularly receive Grammy®, Emmy and Oscar® awards for their exceptional audio work, aided by Sonic Studio workstations.
Located in Marin County, CA, and operating worldwide, Sonic Studio continues to develop state of the art solutions for professionals and consumers alike. With continued research into specialized noise reduction, cloud-database driven production for archiving, quality control and recording, we are continuously innovating modern tools to improve audio quality and workflow.
Starting from our roots as an in-house project of Lucasfilm’s Ltd.’s subsidiary The Droid Works and then evolving into Sonic Solutions, we created many firsts that carry on to this day. Beginning with EMI Abbey Road Studios, our NoNoise restoration system and Sonic Studio workstations quickly became the go-to for audio and film restoration and CD mastering.
Sonic Studio product evolution:
- NoNoise: first Noise Reduction System (1987)
- The Sonic System: first CD Production System (1989)
- MediaNet: first true network designed for guaranteed media (1994)
- Sonic Studio HD: first full 24 bit 96 / 192 kHz workstation (1997)
- DSD.1: first DSD Production System (1999)
- soundBlade: native solution for mastering and noise reduction (2006)
- Amarra Music Player: multiple award winning high resolution player (2010)
- Amarra SQ: first high resolution audio processor for OS X (2010)
- Mobile development for major streaming companies
As the company evolved into Sonic Studio LLC, our work continued with soundBlade and our consumer products like the multi-award winning music player, Amarra. Behind the scenes, we have helped many companies create their own desktop and mobile solutions with our dedicated SDK’s, expertise and development services.
Continuing on with our goal of improving audio restoration, cloud-based archiving, quality control and simplifying mobile workflow for artists, we aren’t slowing down anytime soon.